Monday 30 March 2009

London, England the home of the Globe theater, Dickens and the Tower of London

Hello everyone,
I am in London, staying at a very pleasant hostel at Earl's court. The last two full days that we've been here we have seen Trafalgar Square and a street performer risk his life to make money. We also toured the Tower of London, which, while it is expensive to get in, is worth the money. We toured the Globe Theater the third and the house of Charles Dickens. Tomorrow we will head down to Westminster, Hampton Palace and the British Museum.
However, as fun as it is to see these bits of history, part of the novelty of being in London is witnessing the daily life. Looking at architecture and shops is just as worth the time as the well-known places. We have been visiting a few of the pubs around Earl's Court, and they have a very nice atmosphere. Last night (Sunday), the bar closed at 11:30, but instead of heading home, we found this tiny little place that secretly stayed open after hours. We had a few glases of wine there, and discovered a part of London that you can never read about in the guidebooks. It was a very interesting evening.
This is probably the only time that I will get online in London, though I am not certain. But, when I am in Seville, I should have access to the Internet every day because I will be staying with Jenna.
I hope all is well in the States, and I hope to talk to you soon!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment